Last updated: May 6, 2021
It is not okay to use Appraisal Inbox for these restricted purposes
We built Appraisal Inbox to help appraisers like yourself and are proud to give you a better way to work. We also recognize that however good the maker’s intentions, technology can amplify the ability to cause great harm. That’s why we’ve established this policy. We feel an ethical obligation to counter such harm: both in terms of dealing with instances where Appraisal Inbox is used (and abused) to further such harm, and to state unequivocally that the products we make at Appraisal Inbox are not safe havens for people who wish to commit such harm. If you have an account with any of our products, you can’t use them for any of the restricted purposes listed below. If we find out you are, we will take action.
- Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in the United States or where you live, you may not use Appraisal Inbox products to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don’t tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse. Keep away and stop. Just stop.
- Harassment: Intimidating or targeting people or groups through repeated communication, including using racial slurs or dehumanizing language, is not welcome at Appraisal Inbox.
- Doxing: If you are using Appraisal Inbox products to share other peoples’ private personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don’t want anything to do with you.
- Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
- Spamming: No one wants unsolicited commercial emails. We don’t tolerate folks (including their bots) using Appraisal Inbox products for spamming purposes. If your emails don’t pass muster with CAN-SPAM or any other anti-spam law, it’s not allowed.
- Cybersquatting: We don’t like username extortionists. If you purchase a Appraisal Inbox product account in someone else’s name and then try to sell that account to them, you are cybersquatting. Cybersquatting accounts are subject to immediate cancelation.
- Infringing on intellectual property: You can’t use Appraisal Inbox products to make or disseminate work that uses the intellectual property of others beyond the bounds of fair use.
While our use restrictions are comprehensive, they can’t be exhaustive — it’s possible an offense could defy categorization, present for the first time, or illuminate a moral quandary we hadn’t yet considered. That said, we hope the overarching spirit is clear: Appraisal Inbox is not to be harnessed for harm, whether mental, physical, personal or civic.
For cases of suspected malware, spyware, phishing, spamming, and cybersquatting, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share as much as you are comfortable with about the account, the content or behavior you are reporting, and how you found it. Sending us a URL or screenshots is super helpful. If you need a secure file transfer, let us know and we will send you a link. We will not disclose your identity to anyone associated with the reported account.
*This policy and process applies to any product created and owned by Appraisal Flow, LLC.