Last updated: May 6, 2021
All the terms that you agree to when you sign up for Appraisal Inbox
Thank you for using Appraisal Inbox, we're really glad to have you as a customer! Since we like to have all our ducks in a row, we have to put in place some Terms of Service.
When we say “Appraisal Inbox”, “Appraisal Flow”, “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to Appraisal Flow, LLC and any of it's Products. Our parent Company is Appraisal Flow, LLC and our main Product Appraisal Inbox, previously known as “Appraisal Flow”.
When we say “Services”, we mean any product created and maintained by Appraisal Flow, LLC. That includes Appraisal Inbox (all versions) whether delivered within a web browser, desktop application, mobile application, or any other format.
When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with one or more of our Services.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future. Typically these changes have been to clarify some of these terms by linking to an expanded related policy. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also announce them on our blog.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That's true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the terms, we may terminate your account. That's a broad statement and it means you need to place a lot of trust in us. We do our best to deserve that trust by being open about who we are, why we do what we do, and keeping an open door to your feedback.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. We use industry best-practices for password hashing and do not store your password in plain-text format, meaning we are not able to provide you with your password even if we wanted to. We recommend users use strong generated password for added security. Additionally, we strongly recommend that you store your password in your favorite password storage app/vault so that you do not forget or misplace it.
- You may not use the Services for any purpose outlined in our Use Restrictions policy.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- Appraisal Inbox is a paid subscription service based on the “SaaS” (software as a service) software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted. Unlike traditional software which is conventionally sold as a perpetual license with an up-front cost (and an optional ongoing support fee), Appraisal Inbox is billed in advance on a monthly basis in which no long-term contract is required.
- While Appraisal Inbox does not offer a free trial, cancellations within the first 30 days after the date of first subscription will receive a full refund upon request from the subscriber. There are no cancellation fees or penalties. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. Appraisal Inbox subscribers are able to cancel their service at any time by clicking “End Subscription” under the Subscription tab within the Settings portion of the application.
- Appraisal Inbox will retain all data from a canceled account for at least six months. However, after this six month period, a subscriber’s content may be permanently deleted from all backups and logs at our discretion. This information can not be recovered once it has been permanently deleted.
- If you do not pay for your subscription (including expired cards), we will freeze your account and it will be inaccessible until you make payment. If your account has been frozen six months, we will queue it up for auto-cancellation and permanent deletion of your data.
- For upgrades or downgrades between subscription plans, the new rate starts from the next billing cycle.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where required, we will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities. Otherwise, you are responsible for payment of all taxes, levies, or duties.
- We make a promise to our customers to support our Services until the end of the Internet. While we will take all reasonable steps to notify customers of upcoming changes to our services, Appraisal Inbox reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of the Service with or without notice.
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt existing customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may also post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected Services themselves. Appraisal Inbox shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for our Services — but do take uptime and reliability of our applications seriously! You can visit https://status.appraisalinbox.com at any time to see the status of our Services.
- We take many measures to protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption. We enforce encryption for data transmission from the public Internet.
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services.
- To help you with support requests you make. We'll ask for express consent before accessing your account.
- On the rare occasions when an error occurs that stops an automated process partway through. We get automated alerts when such errors occur. When we can fix the issue and restart automated processing without looking at any personal data, we do. In rare cases, we have to look at a minimum amount of personal data to fix the issue. In these rare cases, we aim to fix the root cause as much as possible to avoid the errors from reoccurring.
- To safeguard Appraisal Inbox. We'll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to ensure the security of your data and the Services as a whole. If necessary, we may also access accounts as part of an abuse report investigation.
- To the extent required by applicable law. As a US company with all data infrastructure located in the US, we only preserve or share customer data if compelled by a US government authority with a legally binding order or proper request under the Stored Communications Act. If a non-US authority approaches Appraisal Inbox for assistance, our default stance is to refuse unless the order has been approved by the US government, which compels us to comply through procedures outlined in an established mutual legal assistance treaty or agreement mechanism. If Appraisal Inbox is audited by a tax authority, we only share the bare minimum billing information needed to complete the audit.
- While extremely rare, we reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we'll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- All content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by the Company.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
You are allowed to publicly talk and write about Appraisal Inbox Services. We kindly ask you to restrain from publishing full reviews, public tests, screenshots or anything else that might unfaithfully represent Appraisal Inbox. We trust your judgment and discretion in helping us develop and spread Appraisal Inbox to the world! If you'd like to publically review Appraisal Inbox and need some assistance or have questions, by all means - don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, while do our best to make our customers happy, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee completely error-free Services.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not work out, that's on you, not us (business and life can be like that sometimes). That said, we've been doining our darnedest since 2013 to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general giving a damn. If you choose to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please contact reach out to Support.